Brownies are one of those things you can never get enough of. But you try to stop at one slice (or two at most) because they’re full of all the good sinful stuff that makes us sugary happy. And I’ve been very good. I haven’t had brownies in a while. But Daryl got some keto brownies yesterday and it really hit the spot. We woke up thinking of brownies this morning.
As Daryl is on health binge so he made some with black chick peas and stevia. They tasted good but the chickpea taste was just too overpowering.
So I googled for a recipe and found a fuss-free one. I made some adjustments and wham, within 20 mins I had myself some insanely moist and deep dark brooding brownies that I haven’t been able to stop eating. Four slices in, and I’m still trying to resist. It’s that good. It certainly made my Saturday. If you’re looking to score some points with a friend (or lover or your favourite person), make them these. Best of all, you don’t need a fancy-esque mixer – just a whisk and a bowl.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp sucanat*
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee (I used decaf here)
- 10 tbsps butter or 141g
- 2 oz dark chocolate
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 175°. Grease a 8×8 inch pan or line with parchment paper/aluminium foil.
- Whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sucanat, and instant coffee in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, melt the butter and chocolate. Whisk in the eggs and gently whisk in the dry ingredients just until mixed through. Do not over mix the batter to keep it light.
- Transfer batter into the baking pan and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out moist. Let cool 30 mins to 2 hours and slice before biting in!
*Note: Sucanat is pure dried sugar cane juice. The juice is extracted by mechanical processes, heated, and cooled, forming small brown grainy crystals. It contains less sucrose and retains the natural molasses and trace nutrients like iron, calcium, potassium, and B vitamins.
**You can make these keto if you used a sugar substitute like erythritol